Thats's because, you know, what's the point of reporting RST(Q) if you always send 599? So I contacted Kok Chen W7AY, the author of cocoamodem and he was so friendly to point me to the cocoamodem source code which I adapted and added added a RST input field to. When clearing, it always defaults to 599.
The downloadable version below has several changes to the original:
- There is a RSQ field in the last line of the input window
- Its content may be accessed as %R from within the macros
- The field content can be accessed via AppleScript like:
set theRST to rst of qso
- Same works the other way too
set rst of qso to "599"
- In Preferences->Applescript one can now configure a script which is called
whenever a new callsign is transferred to the call field.
This can be used to perform call lookups.
Both MacLogger DX and RUMLog have been adapted to accept the additional RST field and the call lookup in their latest versions.
Note: Please do NOT contact Kok Chen, W7AY, the author of cocoaModem for any issues related to the above functionality but use the contact form on this website instead. Thank you!